Tuesday, September 29, 2009

rainy day fun

I wish I could find the blog that gave me this idea and the templates I used.. but I haven't been able to track them down. I'd also like to give credit to these wonderful blogs for such great ideas!

I combined two awesome ideas for our art project. We made some fun paintings and then when they were dry, we cut the paintings into these shapes, mounted them on card stock and framed them.
The great thing about this painting is that you only use things from around the house! E filled a baking tray with shaving cream (preferably unscented) and then dropped many colours of food colouring on top. She made swirls with a Popsicle stick and once she liked her design, we pressed a piece of card stock over the mixture. I found that some of the shaving cream stuck to the card stock so I had to scrap it off, but the dye absorbs easily into the paper and the overall picture wasn't affected. I should mention the dye absorbs easily into EVERYTHING so be careful to use gloves, aprons and a plastic tablecloth. Once the painting was dry, we cut out animal shapes from the paintings, glued them to fresh sheets of white card stock and framed them in dollar store frames!
This is a great way to condense and preserve your child's art work for years to come. I'm already thinking about what I can do with all the preschool art work E brought home last year:)

No comments:

Post a Comment