Sunday, February 28, 2010

roarrrrrrr!

A couple weeks ago I asked E what she wanted to give Daddy for his birthday and she responded with this:



E: 'A big stuffed animal so he has something to sleep with'. (errrr.. where does she think I sleep?)

Me: 'Ummm.. I don't think Daddy needs a stuffed animal.. what else could you get him?'

E: 'A PS4.. so he can play the Fantastic 4 and he'd really like that game'

Me: 'Ummm.. they don't make PS4's yet pumpkin, and I don't think their is a Fantastic 4 game out there. What else?'

E: 'What about a cake that looks like Fletchie?' (that would be our 9 year old Orange Tabby)

Me: 'Okay.. well.. what about a lion? I have a lion cake pan.. that's a cat isn't it?'

E: 'Yeah! Daddy likes lions!'

Me: 'Okay, that's what you can do E, you can help mommy make a Lion Cake for Daddy's birthday - good idea!' (Whew!)



So.. I took this opportunity to try Fondant for the first time.. with ridiculous results. That cake did taste quite yummy though.

Notice the green icing? I do. I meant to do chocolate instead and then lazied out since E had already gone to bed and I'd been on my feet for far too long.. so ready made green cookie icing won. What a ridiculous lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment