Monday, May 3, 2010

Picky Eaters


I have 2 picky eaters.

2 picky eaters that more than likely got it from me. I have a complete fruit aversion as well as a strong dislike for many veggies and seafood. Why? Oh I've never completely figured it out myself.. but maybe someday over a bottle of wine.. (which I'm also complete opposed to) I might sort it out. It's probably too late to save me, but I need to do what I can to save the kids from a life of picky eating.

So far it's going fairly well. Both kids seem willing to eat more than I was at their age and my husband is quite positive and makes food fun for the kids. It's also helps that my husband and I are both involved in meal making and grocery shopping and try to involve our children too.

My favourite tool of the moment is the Jamie Oliver Food Revolution. This show is the latest in a string of Chef Jamie Oliver's shows dedicated to teaching people how to cook. Jamie is quite chef and quite a guy, focused on ridding whole countries of processed foods.

One of the tools Jamie employs with children when trying to show them the value of real healthy foods is the "I Tried Some New' stickers. I love it! And so does the wonderful and talented Wendy of Wendolonia. Click the link to download your own 'I tried something new' stickers. She has 3 choices for you- kittens, robots and pink stars!




No comments:

Post a Comment