Tuesday, August 31, 2010

fairy garden party

Fairy Garden Cupcakes with butter cream icing, fondant flowers and butterflies


Greetings!
You are invited to a special gathering of fairies to help E celebrate her 5th birthday! The games and festivities will be held at Saunders Farm on [insert address here] From 11am till 1:30pm on [insert date here]. Please RSVP the head gardener [insert name here] at 555-555-1111 or by email [insert here]. We really hope you can make it!

A copy of the invite sent out this year

As you can imagine I was quite happy E consented to a Fairy Garden Party instead of the indoor gym. It was a perfect day for the farm and the kids had a great time.

As each guest arrived they received wings and a wand. They played for quite a while in a barn type play structure before heading off on a wagon ride, and when they returned they were greeted by their Garden Fairy Host.


She led them to a very charming party room to have pizza and cupcakes. The kids were also quite happy to get a visit by the resident kittens and everyone got to pat Hocus before we headed off to find the pirate park and the 'big' slide.

Inside the Garden Fairy Party room

After sliding and playing at the park we retired to the ice cream stand and from there all the little fairies returned home.

I was pretty happy with how my Garden Cupcakes turned out and they were pretty tasty too. I made white and chocolate cupcakes and bought a Wilton icing tip that created the 'grass' look with green butter cream icing, then I made butterflies and flowers from coloured fondant and layered the flowers for fun!

We gave out giant lollipops as loot as I am trying to reduce our carbon footprint and I find most loot bags full of BPA filled plastics and single use toys that go straight to the landfill.

I can't believe my baby is 5 years old! It's been an amazing five years and I want to cram as much fun in as I can before she heads back to school in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment