Tuesday, August 23, 2011

woodland theme party

When E asked for a 'forest' themed birthday. I have to admit, I was completely stumped. Ba dum bum... But seriously folks.. I drew a blank. So I turned to Pinterest in my time of need for some inspiration. Of course.. since Pinterest is awesome personified, I found inspiration. So our woodland theme took shape.
We fashioned trees, pine-cones, nuts and seeds for our decor and even a few gnomes...
I bought a wonderful party package from the Etsy shop Itsy Belle. And off I went.
We did Gnome Freeze Dance, Pin the Beak on the Owl, and a Bee pinata.. that unfortunately was too quick and brutal to photograph.
We had toad stool cupcakes and a ribbiting frog that was a perfect lure for hide and seek.
I had a lovely table set too, with a bird nest complete with eggs, and the girls had a great time playing with the Gnome Costumes. It was a wreck by the time I considering taking pictures of it.. but it was a fun two hours.. and we are still enjoying the decorations till E's actual birthday this week. Who knows whats in store for next year;)

No comments:

Post a Comment