Sunday, December 4, 2011

The boy

I started school in the fall with the kids this year and boy oh boy have I been busy. I forgot all about my blog, the to-do list, Christmas cards and little things like the basement which was used today for the first time in months. I have had to stick to the basics.
It is wonderful to be in school. I'm using my brain! And thank god- it looks like it still has a little energy left in it. Its also wonderful to have my own 'thing'. I have been mom for so long and now I get to do some thing for me. It will also be for the family but by in large its mine to do and my success. Its busy but we're all getting thru and tomorrow.. out of no where... J turns four. What?!? FOUR? When did he get so big? When did he start wearing size 5 shirts and start talking about the girl he likes? He's a bonafied expert on corn snakes and anything Ben 10. When did he stop being my toddler and become a boy? Apparently it happened last night while he was sleeping because today he is a boy. And tomorrow when he wakes up he'll be a four year old boy. We celebrated him this weekend and tomorrow I'll pick him and his sister up at school and we'll do something special just us three.

My day..
..today I was able to sleep in.
..today all the laundry is clean.
..today the children are clean.
..today we put up more Christmas lights. (Who doesn't love Christmas lights?)
..today I didn't make lunch or dinner and dinner was so so good.
..today my kids got new toys to play with for J's birthday.
..today I had the chance to stay hello on my blog:)
..today I was able to talk to family and visit with them.
..today I finally found an invite I really needed to respond to.
..today is the last day my boy is three years old.
..today I'm prepared for my last full week of school before the new year.
..today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment