Friday, November 27, 2009

paperwhites

There are 4 living plants in our house.

These plants are survivors. Hardy. These plants can handle me remembering to water them after weeks of abandonment. These plants can say they really live.

Well for the next 2 months or so they will have visitors. I'm not sure how long they will stay.. but I hope long enough to bloom anyway.

After a 20 minute drive to Carleton Place Nurseries yesterday, E was able to pick out our own paperwhite bulbs. That place is gorgeous and really left me inspired! If you're in the Ottawa area I suggest there Christmas Shop- I've never been to a better one!



It didn't take long for us to plant the bulbs in dirt (that I dug from the empty lot beside our house..is that bad?) we have 2 of our 6 bulbs planted, watered and ready to nurture. The others are wrapped in a paper bag in our freezer, in case these bulbs actually grow.

And here is how our new plant looks now.



I found the picture below on Wikipedia when I was researching Narcissus or paperwhites. I hope I can show you something a little like this in a months time.

No comments:

Post a Comment