Friday, December 4, 2009

as good as its gonna get robot cake



After all the dreams I had of buying an icing spatula and making fondant, as well as trying to create the perfect shade of grey icing. I completely bailed and made up a batch of Butter cream icing and used my trusty butter knife to do the job. We must have bought 10 different types of candy at Bulk Barn the other day and in the end.. used 3 of them.

So I need to say that's not at all what I expected our robot cake to look like.. but hey. It's a cake.. and it should be edible.. so I'm done and very happy I've rinsed out the icing bowl and can start to recover from the self induced sugar high.

I guess I should sign up for the Cake Decorating class at Michaels before my husbands birthday in February and try all my fancy ideas then. Right now, I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment