Saturday, October 3, 2009

eewww! there is a spider in my soap!


I love to craft. I have at times been big into stained glass, pottery, painting and other things. What I love the most about crafting though is the magic of making something with my hands, that is both practical and beautiful- whatever that medium may be.


When kids came along, it became quite tricky to turn on my pottery wheel and stick my fingers in mud or turn the soldering iron on and melt metal onto glass. It became far easier to immerse myself in the every day hustle and bustle of taking care of and cleaning up after babies.


Now that the kids are old enough I need back in. I've been jonesing for some good craft and I'm gonna get me some. But it can't be just any craft. I'm not just going to Michaels and spending $40 on stuff that has no purpose and only takes 2 minutes.. I still crave those practical and beautiful things... so here's the toddler version of my Tiffany lamp.. here is my latest Halloween craft craving!


A big thanks to HGTV for giving me my next fix! Click the link for the tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment