Friday, October 16, 2009

my house is haunted


So this is probably my 1oth blog about Halloween but I just haven't said enough about it. We decorated today. Now, I know that when someone decorates for Halloween that usually means the front yard gets pretty spooky looking.. but not here, not this year.

The kids are still pretty young and we really like the little walk from Auntie Sheila's to Papa's house, so we don't trick-or-treat in our neighbourhood.

This is my big confession. We also don't give out candies in our neighbourhood. Eek! I totally suck. Here I am marching 2 kids out to get candy and I'm not giving back myself. I know I super suck, but I've come to justify it to myself and I'm going with this: I gave out candy faithfully for years before marriage and children and now that my husband and I want to see our little heroes go from door to door I'm not answering my door. I will no doubt be pushed aside by E & J one of these years.. told I'm uncool and that I can't keep up.. but for now I'm loving my little trick-or-treaters.

Now on to the decorating! We have spider webs and spiders, Dracula and skeletons, tome stones in plants and bones in corners, a witch on our stairway, ghosts by the windows and pumpkins and gourds on the mantel and dining room table. We even have little skeleton string lights wrapped around the pillars in the living room. I never before considered decorating for Halloween inside and I like it!

To get you thinking more about decorations here are some great blogs with great Halloween ideas!







This is all the link love I've got for today.. but I'll be back with more:)



No comments:

Post a Comment